Joslin Animal Physiology Core
The Animal Physiology Core provides technically advanced physiological evaluation of metabolism in diabetes, obesity, and the associated complications in rodents for Joslin Diabetes Research Center investigators and outside users. These studies provide a critical platform for extension of molecular discoveries to in vivo settings that provide critical insights for relevance to human metabolic diseases.
In addition, the Core provides hands-on training of investigators and trainees in several physiological procedures. This core collaborates with almost all of the other cores in the distribution of biofluids and tissues for genetic, genomic, and biostatistical analyses.
- Energy Expenditure and Metabolism
- Body composition using Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry Instrument (DXA)
- Exercise and Strength Testing
- Blood Pressure
- Laser Doppler Perfusion Imaging
- Temperature Control Chambers
- IVIS Spectrum Micro CT Imaging System
- Gnotobiotic Mouse Facility
- Anesthesia and measurements of glucose homeostasis
- Telemetry System